• Persons who supply Carebase with their telephone numbers on-line may receive calls from us regarding their inquiries, service requests or orders they have submitted. Visitors may also receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If a visitor does not wish to receive such telephone calls, they may indicate this preference each time they submit information to Carebase on-line.
You can contact us with any privacy concerns at:
Unit 6-7 Moxon Court
Northallerton Business Park
Thurston Rd, Northallerton,
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carebase has Web presence on Carebase.net. Carebase is aware of its obligations under the UK Data Protection Act and is taking active and ongoing steps to address its requirements.
• Carebase automatically collects and stores domain names, but not the e-mail addresses of visitors to our Web presence (unless input by the visitor). We store and analyse aggregate information on what pages persons access or visit.
• The information Carebase collects, stores and analyses is used to improve the way we do business with our current customers and potential customers.
• If a visitor supplies us with their personal information (eg. address) on-line, they will only receive information in relation to the use for which they provided us their personal information with the following exception. Visitors may receive postal mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If a visitor does not wish to receive such mailings, they may elect not to receive them by indicating this when information is submitted to Carebase on-line.
• Carebase stores e-mail addresses and correspondence of those who communicate with us via e-mail or web based forms. If a visitor has submitted an e-mail or web based form to Carebase they may receive mailings from us only if they have opted in to receive information on new products and services or upcoming events. If a visitor no longer wishes to receive such mailings, they may elect not to receive them when they send e-mail to Carebase or can change their opt in status using http://www.carebase.net/opt-in
• Voluntary information visitors provide through on-line surveys and/or site registrations may be stored, analysed and used for marketing purposes. Again, if a visitor does not wish to receive such mailings, they may elect not to receive them each time information is submitted to Carebase on-line. Registration information submitted online is accessible, and correctable. The registrant should perform this maintenance.
• Correspondence submitted by email or web based forms to Carebase will only be retained as long as necessary. Reasonable steps are taken to ensure security against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure and destruction. Additionally, access to personally identifiable information is limited to individuals needing such access to perform their job function and satisfy the correspondence of the visitor.
• Carebase will not provide any of your personal information to other companies or individuals without permission. However, Carebase may need to provide name and delivery address to third parties that Carebase uses for the purposes of delivering specific services (e.g., customer support, or a transport company)
A cookie is a small file that a website puts on a user’s hard drive. This file identifies specific information about previous visits to the site.
The cookie information that Carebase collects helps us track the number of visitors to the website over time and determine whether these were new or repeat visits.
Does Carebase keep cookie data private?
Can I block cookies on the Carebase website?
Carebase reserves the right to update this policy. Carebase will post those changes in each update.
Last Policy Update: December 17, 2013.
What was changed in the last update?
The privacy practices at Carebase did not change with the last update of this policy. No changes were made to the substance of this policy. We added the following content to the policy:
Why Does Carebase Ask For Personally Identifiable Information?
On the Carebase website, we offer online shopping and other Web-based customer services. Our online forms make it easy for visitors and customers to communicate with Carebase or make purchases. Those who want to communicate with Carebase but do not wish to give personally identifiable information online may use the phone or fax numbers that we also provide on our Web pages.
Carebase asks only for the minimum amount of information needed to assist you.
Most online forms on the Carebase site ask for a small amount of relevant information, such as name, email, street address and phone number. Some forms may ask for a customer number or product serial number. Carebase uses personally identifiable information submitted online to:
• respond to questions from customers or visitors to the website
• provide customer support
• share product news, updates or helpful tips about Carebase products
• enable online shopping
• inform users of special promotions
• sign up for online services
• create reseller partnerships
Carebase does not direct any part of its website to children under 13 years old and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children.
Personally identifiable information that is submitted in a business capacity may be merged with available business database directories.
Our agents and partners protect personally identifiable information.
When a customer purchases equipment or supplies or arranges for service online from Carebase it may be necessary to transfer personally identifiable information to an independent Carebase-authorised agent or partner, who then completes the order. Carebase requires that its independent agents and partners handle personally identifiable information with the same concern for personal privacy as Carebase.
Whenever Carebase transfers personally identifiable information to its agents and partners, it is with the understanding that the information should be used for the sole purpose of fulfilling the customer’s request and that the information should be kept confidential and secure at all times.
In some instances, when Carebase transfers personally identifiable information to one of its authorised agents or partners, that agent or partner may need to share information with an unaffiliated third party for the purpose of completing an order or providing a service.
Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Carebase maintains strict access control over personally identifiable information. Only authorised Carebase personnel, agents and partners are allowed to handle information submitted to Carebase online.
Credit card data is encrypted.
To ensure that online shoppers can purchase with confidence from the Carebase website, Carebase protects credit card information with industry-standard encryption technology. When a customer submits an order to Carebase online, the personal and credit card information is used only to complete the purchase and arrange for shipping. Customers who opt out of additional announcements will not receive unsolicited email.
At Carebase, privacy on the Internet means that:
• Carebase informs you of how we use any personally identifiable information that is submitted to us online
• Carebase maintains confidentiality and security safeguards for personally identifiable information
• You have control over the personally identifiable information you decide to submit to Carebase
• If you have elected to receive email promotions from Carebase, you can opt out from these at any time